Monday, April 25, 2011

Not so happy Easter? part 2: Finding out

Julie, Rebecca, and I arrived at the Park.
Which was where we went easter Egg hunting.
Julie went over to Julia.
And Rebecca went over to Becca.

I saw Prudence and Charity.
A smiled and waved at them, they came running up to me.
"LOOK HOW MANY EGGS I'VE GOTTEN!" Charity screamed and showed me all her eggs, she had like 20 of them.

"Wow! Did someone eat a little to much Candy this morning?" My eyes got big.
Charity just shook her head, sweetly like she didnt do anything.
"Yes she did! We got up at 8:00 this morning and all her candy was gone within an hour!" Prudence laughed.
"Dang girl!" I smiled at my two best friends.
"Come one, lets go get some more Eggs!" Charity smiled at me and started pulling my arm for me to follow her.
"Uhh..No I really dont feel like hunting for eggs.." I said slowly.
"What! Why?" Charity said as if it was crime that I didnt want to go easter egg hunting.
"Yeah, dont you like easter egg hunting?" Prudence asked. I just shooked my head.
Prudence looked at me funny, and Charity looked down at her Basket.
"You two go and have fun!" I told them and they walked away, prudence kept looking at me.

I went over to a bench right next to the lake and sat down.
I sighed.
I can still remember when that Car hit into my parents car.
I remembered it as if it happened yesterday.

I closed my eyes and tried to forget it.
I heard someone running up to me. I opened my eyes and noticed Prudence standing right by me with her eyes wide and her mouth frowning.

"Why didnt you tell me?" Prudence said and sat next to me.
"Tell you what?" I asked.
"That your parents died on Aprin 24th! WHICH IS TODAY!" Prudence looked at me with her big brown eyes.
"And who told you this?" I started to get furious.
"Well she didnt want me to say who it was, But...Rebecca told me!" Prudence looked away, ashamed that she told on Rebecca.
My face turned bright red.

"Oh that girl had a BIG MOUTH!" I started to get up and go over to Rebecca, my hands were in fist.
"Had a big mouth? Dont you mean HAS?" Prudence asked.
"Nope! She's doesnt have a big mouth because I'm going to rip it off her face!" I tightened my fist.
"No! Promise you wont tell her I told you!" Prudence grabbed my shoulders and made me sit back down on the bench.
I nodded my head, but I was still mad that she told!

"Elizabeth, were best friends! You can tell me this kind of stuff, thats what best friends are for!" Prudence explained and hugged me.
"I didnt want people to know, because I didnt want people to baby me today! Thats why I never told anybody, I dont want people to comfort me!" I sighed and looked towards the lake that was a couple feet awayfrom the bench we were sitting on.

"Oh lizzie, you'll be with them again!" Prudence assured me.
"No! I wont. I will never see them again. When you die, you die! Theres nothing else after death!" I hissed.
"Oh your only thinking that because of whats happened to your parents! You cant think like that, you have to believe you will see them again!" Prudence hugged me.
I hugged her back.
"Thanks" I said, even though I wasnt sure if I still believed it.

We saw Charity in the distance.
She waved and waved for us to come over to her.
"COME ON! Your missing out on all the fun!" Charity screamed to us.
Prudence and I looked at eachother and said "Sugar rush!"

Then Prudence stood up.
"Are you sure you dont want to hunt for eggs with us?" Prudence asked.
"I'll catch up with you later" I shrugged.
Prudence smiled and walked towards Charity.

I looked at the Lake, and sighed.

If only I could see my parents one more time......


-Lizzie-

P.S. I will finish the rest of this post later! Yep, theres a part THREE!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment